Small-Business Support, Development & Growth + Community Engagement & Activation
K&B Sodas was founded by Andrew Shapiro in 2015, as producers of all-natural beverages and ginger brew; hand-crafted in small-batches and enjoyed throughout the Mid- Atlantic. After 4 years of steady and solid growth, we were forced to pivot during the pandemic and transition into a new business. Fountain Square Beverage Conceptsis now a CBE-certifiedsmall business support, development and growth firm focused on helping small businesses succeed and thrive, using the right balance of creative approaches, stakeholder engagement and thoughtful strategy to achieve meaningful results.
Drawing on our 20 plus years in the hospitality industry, and multiple years of DC based political work, FSBC is perfectly positioned to help small businesses navigate the tricky web of obtaining licenses and permits; strengthening their operating models; developing menus, brands and products; training staff; assisting with operations and improving their operating structures. We specialize in assisting small businesses with improved, more stabile and better functioning operations. We offer trainings and assistance in obtaining licenses for staff as well.
We are keeping the name and K&B logo to honor our beginnings and journey as a small-business startup and recognize our humble roots.
Please reach out to andrew@kandbsodas for more information; to schedule a consultation or to discuss how we can help your business thrive and grow.
Rates: $60/hour - Initial 30-minute consultation to discover and determine scope of work, is free
*Negotiable rates determined on an as-needed basis*
- License & Permit Obtainment & Assistance
- License & Permit Compliance Management
- Develop, Revamp & Improve Business Operations
- Business Support, Development & Assistance
- Staff License & Compliance Training
- Marketing, PR Assistance + Growth
- Building Business Alliance Networks
- Business/Resident Newsletter Creation + Distribution
- Grants Management Support & Assistance
- Placemaking Support + Development
- Develop & Reconceptualize Food & Beverage Menus
- Develop Bottle/Canned Beverages from Idea to Market
- Event Support, Production and Management
- Community Stakeholder Engagement, Management & Support
Projects/Activations worked on and/or assisted:
- Art All Night Petworth/Uptown – 2021, 2022
- Celebrate Petworth - 2022
- Holiday Lights Uptown & Petworth – 2021, 2022
- DCPL Summer Mobile Library Pop-Up – 2022
- Dia de Los Muertos -2021, 2022
- Disco Dan Day 2022
- Miracle on Upshur – 2021, 2022
- Georgia Avenue Open Streets - 2022
- Parking Day – 2021, 2022
- Petworth Jazz Project 2022
- Petworth Porchfest 2022
- Shaw Arts Walk 2022
- Uptown Small Business Summit - 2022
This story begins back in 2012 when founder Andrew Shapiro helped a friend open a restaurant. He created a Caribbean-style Ginger Brew for his house-made soda menu that quickly became a hit and was highly sought after by locals in the DC area. After three years of serving many glasses of ginger brew and many ginger-brew-based cocktails, Andrew began bottling the brew with the encouragement of friends and regulars, In 2015 he launched K & B Sodas with a commitment to using all natural ingredients and focusing on flavor quality.
Paying homage to 1950s world-class canoers Ken and Bob, who were believed to be connoisseurs of fine beverages, K & B Sodas are hand-brewed in small batches to ensure maximum quality and superior taste. K & B harkens back to an era when sodas were made with pride and quality mattered. Our Ginger Brew combines fresh-squeezed ginger and lemon juice, brown cane sugar, white peppercorns, and filtered water to create an all-natural and unique tasting ginger brew with a kick that is not quite a ginger soda and not quite a ginger beer. Its spiced flavor makes it the perfect mixer for a cocktail, the base of a mulled cider or to be simply enjoyed by itself as a refreshing alternative to other “ginger” flavored sodas.